Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Stone Of Fear

 



There are times when fear your companion will be,

Times when in front of you only fear you can see,

For in your path lies a stone, that has you anxious,

In your mind you’re going to see a dead Jesus.

 

The stone occupies your thinking and your speaking,

And this is the ongoing question you’re asking,

Who’ll roll away the stone that my path is blocking?

I’m praying, I’m asking, seeking and knocking.

 

Though I know the stone’s before me, I persevere,

For my dead Jesus in body lies waiting there,

Since Jesus is dead and buried, I too have died,

My sad, sorrowing, grieving life, I cannot hide.

 

But there’s a personal mission, I must fulfil,

Though Jesus is dead in body, I must go still,

But the stone remains firm, I’m too weak it to move, 

I’m wondering, as I go, who will it remove?

 

As I get to the place with steps most unhurried,

The place where the body of Jesus was buried,

Miracle! There’s no stone! It away has been rolled,

Miracle! I’m quickened by what I’ have been told.

 

I’m told that Jesus lives, His Body is not there,

I know that Jesus lives! He’s with me now, right here,

The Stone of Fear that was my faithful companion,

Is dead! The Risen Lord’s my faithful Champion.

Amen!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment