Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2026

Hold Fast To Prayer

 




Abandon prayer, God does not hear,

The devil whispers in your ear,

He tells you look and see it plain,

Your daily praying is in vain,

You pray for friends and family,

And beg, please remember me,

But nothing good ever takes place,

As the devil throws in your face,

That your God doesn’t for you care,

He shows no evidence, He’s there,

O how the tempter lets me see,

And easily I will agree,

That cares and pressures daily mount,

Becoming much too much to count,

And God is silent, no relief,

Praying only causes more grief,

What you expect you don’t receive,

You can’t in such a God believe,

Abandon prayer, the devil says,

Come, seek help by some other ways;

In pure weakness, feeling great fear,

From deep within, this I do hear,

Other ways? I know only one,

Jesus, God’s One, Begotten Son,

Abandon prayer, the devil says,

No! I’ll hold fast, God’s given ways.

                                                         Amen!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment