Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2022

Make Me A Rainbow



 Make me a rainbow for all eyes to see,

A rainbow of colours, You place in me,  

In times that are stormy and threatening,                                         

When the weather of life is frightening,

Even when storms are vicious and raging,

And there seems to be no kind of calming,

Let me in this weather, be the rainbow,

That will all Your promises, brightly show.

 

Make me a rainbow, unbroken and real,

That for somebody, Your promise will seal,                                  

Let me be ready, willing and able,

To brighten the gloom, and make one stable, 

Life can be full of paths terrifying,

Where fear causes trust to be weakening;

Let me be a sign to show Your presence,

A living promise, in flesh existence.

 

Make me a rainbow in clear vivid light,

Let me be for someone a welcome sight,

For life demands many an untried road,

That may bring an even heavier load, 

Lift me above self, to the rainbow place,

Prominent and clear, without any trace

Of wavering and wandering, any doubt,

Very sure, what the rainbow’s all about.

 

Make me a rainbow for all eyes to see,

Use me Lord Jesus and let me be free,

To be in the midst of some darkened way,

A rainbow of promise, a hope, a stay,

A word, or an action, a touch, a deed, 

That from fear’s grips, somebody will be freed,

Your Living colours in me brightly show, 

I’ll be your human rainbow, here below.

        Amen!     

 


No comments:

Post a Comment