Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2024

What Have I Got to Offer Thee

 



Lord Jesus, what have I to offer Thee,

Except this my life of such misery?

A life of weakness, mounting hurt and pain,

What of it Lord, to You is any gain?

 

What have I got to please You Jesus, Lord?

What can my tottering, weak faith afford?

Faith I know is only what pleases You,

But mine seems not ever faith-works to do.

 

Each day You give to me Lord is brand new,

Filled with all Your goodness and mercies too,

I take this new day but of it make nought,

For at its end, what have I to You brought?

 

My life is so plagued with such fret and cares,

I know that I’m living with daily fears?

Anxiety’s forceful demands I serve,

What can I bring You Lord that You deserve?

 

Lord Jesus You deserve my love, my heart,

All of me, and not me in piece or part,

But how can I sin’s fruit to You offer,

When naught of unbelief You will suffer?

 

Holy Lord Jesus, my life is a mess,

It’s but a wimp, a sigh, a doubt, a guess,

Saviour I come that I may die in Thee,

Asking that restored life, You’ll give to me.

 

Repenting, sorrowful, with heart bent low, 

To You Jesus I come, make me to know,

That my repentant life You’ll gladly take,

And save me completely for Your Love’s sake.

Amen!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment