Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2024

How Can I Say Thanks

 

Lord God, most holy and most true,

How can I say thank you to You?

What have I got, with tongue and voice?

Or any other human choice,

That can to You give worthy praise,

You who are holy in Your ways?

My heart’s full and overflowing,

With the grace You are bestowing,

On my life, so undeserving,

Love unfailing and unswerving,

How can I say thanks, O Father?

For love that doth never alter,

I bow down low on bended knee,

To think You do all this for me?

How can I in my human clay,

Speak words of thanks to You each day?

How much I seek You and adore,

How much I love You, more and more? 

Your grace and mercy hold me fast,

You have forgiven me my past,

And in my now, You grant more grace,

You take me to a higher place,

My life, feebly is now reborn,

You’ve given hope and a new dawn,

With each breath, I’ll sing Your story, 

May my life show forth Your glory.  

Amen!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment