Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

HOLD ME CLOSE TO THEE


                                       
                 

                

                           














Hold me close to Thee O Lord, hold me close to Thee,

For the road is rough O Lord and there’s no help for me

Save the grace You give to all who upon You call,

And so O Lord, hold me close otherwise I’ll fall.



Hold me close to Thee O Lord, never let me stray,

For the pathways lead all over, Master, if You may

Keep me from hands that beckon, hands that are not Yours,

Because Lord, only Your Word, all my help assures.



Hold me close to Thee O Lord, Keep me in Your bind,

For another love like Yours, I will never find

I’m too weak to follow, please carry me with You.

Lord I know that right now, You can my life renew.

 


Hold me close to Thee O Lord, do not let me go,

For I need You now O Love, Lord I need You so,

Life is life! I can’t change it, I have not the how;

But I know with You Lord, I’ll make it, even now.



Hold me close to Thee O Lord, stay me in Your arms,

Let Your Spirit snatch me from sin and its alarms

I am so not worthy, I’ve messed up time and again,

But the cross’s before me, the cross – the sinner’s gain.



Hold me close to Thee O Lord, hold me close to Thee,

I am blind and weak and frail, help me Lord to see                                

The Love made flesh within me, Love unshakeable,

Love that binds and keeps me - Love forever able.            

Amen!   

                                                                            

   

No comments:

Post a Comment