Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

I ASKED THE LORD









I asked the Lord to grant me life                                     

When I just could not face the strife,                                

The struggle and the heavy load,

As I walked through a rocky road;

A place I never asked to be,

For not one way out I could see,

When all before me spoke of gloom,                         

And for some ease there was no room.

I asked the Lord in voice all strained,

To see my life and how it pained,

With sins before me mounted high,

I heard Christ say, “You will not die;”

I took your sins, each single one,

My work upon the cross is done;

I am your Saviour, Lord and Friend,

My arms to you I now extend,

In My embrace, you’ll find solace,

Even in your harrowing place,

I’m still the Lord, who sees and hears,

The helpless sinner’s fervent prayers;

I asked the Lord His life to give,

Now ere the road, His peace I live.

                               Amen!

 






                                 
                                              
                              
 
                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment